The next IFCC webinars "Different Perspectives on Laboratory 4.0" will be held on 24 Aug, 2021 and "Metrology and Clinical Laboratory" will be held on 31 Aug, 2021.
- 24 August 2021: "Different Perspectives on Laboratory 4.0" Since the 4th Industrial revolution brought many innovations to the industry and business world and introduced new technologies to laboratories. In this panel, the advantages & benefits and risks of Laboratory 4.0 will be discussed from the perspective of laboratory professionals, university and industry. This webinar will contribute to understand the impact of Industry 4.0 on clinical laboratory processes, the effect of innovative technical developments on laboratory-industry cooperation and laboratory-patient-physician communication. During the webinar, the future-oriented training of lab professionals for lab 4.0 will be discussed.
- 31 August 2021: "Metrology and Clinical Laboratory" Metrology is the science of measurements and their applications. It deals with the measurements, systems of units and instruments used to make them. Based on the data obtained from the measurements, decisions are taken. That is why it is very important that these data are reliable, reproducible and comparable between laboratories. The aim of metrology is to define and materialize the units of measurement and establish the traceability chain.
- Schedule: 20 min per speaker plus 20 min panel discussion
- Time Zones for 24 August: Live presentations starting at: 11:00AM EDT - 12:00PM Buenos Aires- AR; 5:00PM European Time; 8:30PM India; 11:00PM CST-Beijing
Important: Please ensure that you carefully determine the time that the presentation will start in your global time zone. Click here to convert to your time-zone.
- Time Zones for 31 August: Live presentations starting at: 10:00AM EDT - 11:00AM Buenos Aires- AR; 4:00PM European Time; 7:30PM India; 10:00PM CST-Beijing
- Important: Please ensure that you carefully determine the time that the presentation will start in your global time zone. Click here to convert to your time-zone.
- Recorded webinar: available on demand
- Certificate of Participation: available for all registrants